HybridZ

World Class T5 from 1992 camaro

I was hoping someone could help me find an adjustable clutch fork pivot ball..I have a 1973 240z where I have installed an LT1 from a 1995 camaro and a Borg Warner World Class T5 from a 1992 camaro.  The threads on the stock pivot ball in the picture is 22mm x2.5 as is the threaded bell housing.  My local speed shop had nothing to help me.  I purchased a 22mm x 2.5 die and had a friend attempt to thread a piece of mild steel round bar to fabricate one....but alas the die failed after just about a 1/2 inch of thread being cut. After searching online before and after this attempt I could only find one adjustable pivot ball that identified the threads for the bell housing.......it was 13/16-16...no help. I did purchase a threaded pivot ball stud that that is 1/2-13 which I will attempt to find and drill a m22-2.5 fully threaded bolt.  There seems to be a lot more info on the Mustang T5's out there but I have been unable to piece all the info together.  Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

20200517_182724.jpg

Thanks for responses..........at the present time the transmission is still installed which is why I have chosen this course of action.  I can make my current geometry work with my I inch master cylinder....which results in a very stiff clutch pedal which is how it was before I started playing.  Changing the pivot point would allow me go with a 3/4 inch or 7/8 inch master cylinder reducing pedal effort to a more comfortable level.  The pivot ball pictured in hardened steel and no machinable.  If I cannot piece together what I need and end up removing the transmission then my approach will be different.  Thanks for the posts.

Why do you need to change out the pivot?

Why are you using a 1 inch clutch MC?

I have used T5 transmissions on two 240z SBC swaps. Stock Camaro clutch MCs were used on both cars. The pivots looked a bit worn, but since they were NLA I just kept them. No problems in 20 years.

Hi Miles.......It is a really long story.  I will shorten it up as much as possible.  Lt1 from a 1995 Camaro purchased with flywheel/pressure plate still installed.  T5 from 1992 Camaro purchased separately.  When conversion installed with JTR pieces all was excellent.....3/4 in M/C, stock slave.  Damaged #7 piston on the track. Removed and repaired and replaced clutch and pressure plate when re-assembling.   Subsequent vibration ..... clutch causing it.  Purchased stage 1 flywheel/clutch/pressure plate kit....even though stock would work fine I wanted a quality piece so I had no more vibration issues .  Machine shop checked balance with original flywheel as reference.  Removed tranny with car on jack stands with engine still installed.  Replaced flywheel but could not reinstall tranny due to clearance issues.......needed more hands and more time.  Because of time restraints of the space I was occupying I decided to reinstall the original flywheel with the new clutch and pressure plate.  Vibration gone but the flywheels had different height profiles.  As a result I did not enough travel at the clutch fork.  By installing the 1 inch M/C I got the travel I needed and a really stiff clutch pedal.  Been driving the car like this for 3 plus years with a yearly trip to Lime Rock. So after selling my aircraft repair shop in late 2018 and 2 shoulder surgeries in 2019 I have decided to address this issue.  As my shoulders healed I filled the time by restoring/overhauling/updating the interior.  Just another long story like countless others out there!

20200516_104549.jpg