HybridZ

Godzilla S130 Intercooler Kit

Hello I'm new to the forum,

My friend and I just finished getting my 83 turbo up and running. In my search for an intercooler I found this kit from Godzilla Raceworks. I talked with them and they said it was an ebay intercooler they have had good luck with. I am checking to see if anyone has any experience with this setup. I was originally going to go with a treadstone intercooler and do my own piping, but for 550 if its a quality intercooler thats a good deal.

https://www.godzillaraceworks.com/turbo/front-mount-intercooler-kits-for-1970-1983-datsun-z-cars

Build goals are 350hp, running MS setup from SofttopZ love the setup very quality.

Thank you for helping the newbie!!!

hey!

I don't know about the price, but have you calculated the volume/size you need?  I have a similar sized intercooler (both entry and exit on the driver side though).  it came with the car, don't know if it's a good one or what, but I always wondered if it's not a little big... 

Too big of an intercooler would introduce a little bit more turbo lag (well it's not turbo lag, but the effect is the same)...  

unfortunately, that's about as much as I know.  I can't help with calculating what is needed.

hopefully someone who's installed a few intercoolers can chime in...

seb

That is a big help I need to do a calculation on the size needed.

I have heard of people running CX racing and saying they are ok, then some say they are trash. I saw a picture of the tube & fin vs. a treadstone they were way different. (not as tightly packed, not symmetrical) If the godzilla looked like a mishimoto or treadstone core I would be comfortable I think but they don't have any pictures of inlets on their website... 

I am new to intercoolers but sounds like the more tightly packed the fins the more heat is removed, the trick is keeping the cfm up. On the other hand the ebay ones aren't very tightly packed so they get great CFM but don't remove nearly as much heat. All of this is me reading and watching youtube. So its not the book, but the tests I have seen were they measure temp & cfm show this.

I am in houston texas so I want to ensure heat soak is not a problem, as this car could quite possibly see some weekend track days... don't want to blow up my baby....

attached are sample photos of differences, not same pictures I was originally looking at.

intercooler009.jpg

images.jpg

16658001422_6f0889f549_z.jpg

Edited by S130TTop
spell check