HybridZ

Borg Warner T5 to L28 Bellhousing

Xerilious

Hey guys! I am new to this forum and I need your help. I bought a 280zx turbo 5 speed and have an l28. I am now searching for a bellhousing to connect the two. If anyone has one they wish to sell or have a place where I could buy one, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Thanks and feel free to pm me if you have any questions!

Trevor Flanagan

13 hours ago, NewZed said:

The 280ZX used the L28 also.  It already fits.  The 280ZX "Borg-Warner" is the FS5R90A.

image.png.21d229f03414fa01ae6df0c5c09165a3.png

Yeah, I do know that it fits, but I do not have the bellhousing with the transmission. I only have the transmission itself and need a bellhousing to allow the connection between the transmission and the engine.

Good luck.  You do know that the BW 5 speed needs extra work to fit in a Z car?  Transmission mounts and stuff.  Not clear if you're working with a Z or a ZX.

I'm really only replying because I think that you'll be waiting a long time to find somebody with just a bellhousing, and if you're working with a Z you'll need more parts on top of that.

Describe your project and you'll probably get lots of ideas.  But the forum is low on traffic these days so the guys with BW bells are going to be few.  @borini63 is a ZX guy though, he might have one.