HybridZ

Excited Newbie

After months of searching and selling a rental property I’m the proud new owner of this 71 240Z!  Seems to be fairly unmolested and runs great. Just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to great feedback like I’ve seen in my voyeur days, I’m sure I’ll need it. 
First question, the car has original floorpans in really good shape, just some surface rust underneath. Should I clean up the rust and undercoat or leave the underside raw?  

D7531E9B-53E3-4B75-AA29-259FFF459A92.jpeg

3047E627-D55A-476E-A46F-D339830CF7DB.jpeg

02DA0977-34BA-4641-9752-6CCDDD03DE02.jpeg

Get rid of any and all rust ASAP and keep an eye on any new spots. The sheet metal on these cars is thin and it doesn't take long for rust to eat holes in it. Beautiful Z. 1970 0r 71? It's identical to my first Z, right down to the wheels. If you're going to leave it stock checkout classiczcars.com. They tend to focus on original equipment and problems.

Welcome and beautiful Z! HybridZ and CZC co-exist quite well, there's a wealth of info on both forums. And while HybridZ was formed by guys swapping V8's into S30's, there's still loads of great info regarding the original platform as well.

• 2 weeks later...