HybridZ

Where can I find a good website where there is 240z or S30 series for sale :)

On 11/3/2020 at 8:15 PM, jhm said:

No, I only have one Z at the moment.  The point I was trying to make is that I've owned several over the years; but I've never been willing to spend a big chunk of money on a nice one...opting instead to buy junkers and restore them myself.  It's a satisfying process to build your own car,  exactly the way you want it, vs buying something already pre-built.

Ohh ok, I'm just excited about buying a Z when I'm 18 or older hopefully the prices will go down and everything will be back to normal like no corona-virus.

Because people who were kids when they were new are now in their 50s and have money. The same trend happens with almost any car. It's why Supras and GTRs have taken off in the last few years too. Once the kids who grew up idolizing them have money, the prices go up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 8:15 PM, jhm said:

No, I only have one Z at the moment.  The point I was trying to make is that I've owned several over the years; but I've never been willing to spend a big chunk of money on a nice one...opting instead to buy junkers and restore them myself.  It's a satisfying process to build your own car,  exactly the way you want it, vs buying something already pre-built.

Oh ok, yea it is satisfying to build your own car, but I don't know what it feels like because I never had a car that I can work on because of my age.

Wait I already responded to that reply 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Jockey101

On 11/5/2020 at 1:57 PM, calZ said:

Because people who were kids when they were new are now in their 50s and have money. The same trend happens with almost any car. It's why Supras and GTRs have taken off in the last few years too. Once the kids who grew up idolizing them have money, the prices go up. 

Yea GTRs and Supras are wayyy too expensive. Even a GTST or GTS25T is like 20k for a good condition one

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2020 at 11:29 PM, caperix said:

As someone who bought an s30 at 16, the advise I would give would be to buy the nicest car you can afford.  Many things will get in your way over the next few years, so smaller projects will let you drive and enjoy the car.

It is good to see a new generation interested in classic cars.  I hope you find the car you want & get to enjoy it.

Its been 2 years now and Im going to start working this year maybe, and I now want a s130 280zx with the 5 speed