HybridZ

Door handle actuator rods

I finally have my 73 back in the garage after 5 years and I'm finding little things like my door handles, locks, etc are missing. The car was painted when my uncle had it and he unfortunately passed so I can't ask where those things are located. To my question...

Does anybody know where to source the actuator rod that connects to the exterior door handle? I found my passenger side in the bottom of the door panel, but I'm assuming my driver's side stayed attached to the handle that is unfortunately missing. I've attached a picture for reference. Thanks

IMG_20200907_010937.jpg.4fe422b33c8d2d5911f24dbbbd107853.jpg

maseraticompound@gmail.com       Maserati Compound  This guy has Datsun parts that can be hard to find.  Searching is a little strange because I have found z and zx parts mislabled but if you take a look you will find good pictures of what he has and he ships fast.  

On 9/7/2020 at 12:14 PM, Miles said:

Buy this book it will save you hours and hours researching 240z restoration issues.

How to Restore Your Datsun Z-Car: How to Restore Datsun 240Z, 260Z and 280Z by Wick Humble

https://www.amazon.com/How-Restore-Your-Datsun-Z-Car/dp/1931128022

Great source thanks. I have a lot of books and manuals but haven't seen this one. 

2 hours ago, Mayolives said:

maseraticompound@gmail.com       Maserati Compound  This guy has Datsun parts that can be hard to find.  Searching is a little strange because I have found z and zx parts mislabled but if you take a look you will find good pictures of what he has and he ships fast.  

I actually found this site shortly after posting. I'm in contact with him and it sounds like he might have one available.