HybridZ

WTB: Modern Motorsport brace for R200 finned cover (or equivalen)

24OZ

Hi Chris!

Thanks for that, i should have been clearer, i am looking for more of a stock look, which means using the existing hangers. I don't really want to drill the hangers either.

If i cant find a MM one then I will have to see what can be fabricated.

I really like this one that Savage42 created:

image.jpeg.ea5f3347df59493b3661fdd068206650.jpeg

20 hours ago, 24OZ said:

Hi there,

Looking for one of these (or equivalent) so i can mount an R200 finned diff cover in my S30.

CheerZ,

Where did you get that picture?  Not sure that's all you need.

This guy might still be out there.

1 hour ago, NewZed said:

Where did you get that picture?  Not sure that's all you need.

This guy might still be out there.

I messaged him almost two years ago when putting my suspension together and getting the new diff with finned cover mounted. Doesn't make them anymore (might be again, but wasn't at the time). 

I went with the T3 kit and I'm happy with it. The mustache bar Nelsonian posted isn't necessary on a 280z, but the clearance is really close without it and I might swap to it down the road anyway if I don't go a completely different direction with suspension .

This is all I used:

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/280z/drop-mounts-and-dogbone-combo-240z-260z-and-280z

3 hours ago, Zetsaz said:

I went with the T3 kit and I'm happy with it. The mustache bar Nelsonian posted isn't necessary on a 280z, but the clearance is really close without it and I might swap to it down the road anyway if I don't go a completely different direction with suspension .

This is all I used:

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/280z/drop-mounts-and-dogbone-combo-240z-260z-and-280z

Doesn't look like it clears the fins of the diff cover.  That's what the OP is looking for.  The T3 post shows a lot of parts that aren't actually part of what he's selling.  Not sure exactly what he's trying to say.

The gold "dog bone" replacement is flat isn't it?  How will it clear the fins?

image.png.a14c7aaadf615dcc5186d670dabf81f6.png

Edited by NewZed

Thanks.  Can you explain how the flat T3 bar sits farther back than the factory dog bone?  Can't tell from the pictures.

You didn't shave any fins?  The cover fins are as they were on the turbo or 240SX?

Just trying to understand.  It's not clear, from one picture.  You can see from the drawings that a straight line across those control arm brackets bisects where the fins would be.  Unless there's no fins higher up.

This is one of those situations where if the companies would just show their parts fully installed they'd probably make more sales.  Why show half of an assembly.

image.png.5a108c9bfa5f41d1878bf09c3df0ca0f.png

image.png.260ebfba11e67057312b3d940f98e528.png

If you notice the bottom left of your picture, the original brace goes across almost at the very bottom of the drop mounts. The T3 has it set much higher, basically right against the mustache bar, with slightly better clearance if you also get their bar. My bar is skimming the brace, which I'm not sure is ideal, but it hasn't been an issue in 2k miles of driving. 

No shaved fins. The cover is completely original. 

• 4 weeks later...