HybridZ

R35 coil on plug bracket for the L6

DuffyMahoney

A few of you may know this. But last year I designed and made a coil on plug bracket based of Bryan Blake’s ford coil on plug design. It uses the Nissan coil head used on the Nissan GTR R35. Works perfectly, bolts on and you can even buy a very nice pre made wiring harness from platinum racing products. Coils are fairly cost effective. Takes a specific boot (2-3 actually work) to work. It’s one of the best coils on the market. I believe only the AEM coil beats it. 

Basically he took my design based off of his, then fixed some of my issues and is now selling them. Bottom pictures are my bracket installed on my 240z. 

Email Bryan to place and order. Eventually he will sell on eBay. 

bryan@blakemachine.com

BC2D98B3-20B1-4B63-814B-A6E24527A3B7.jpeg

293911DF-7A7B-4A1F-8E8A-75557A2F6E88.jpeg

3FD7CDF5-51EE-4B1B-8D23-911D41F24B2B.jpeg

9D53D501-6B3B-4455-AEBB-C06559D016BB.jpeg

46654B94-9C65-4A81-94DA-FACB805181CD.jpeg

3 minutes ago, HowlerMonkey said:

What I've found is that coils designed to be protected from the elements by a deep tube in the cylinder head are often less durable......at least the portion that the manufacturer assumed would be protected by the tube.

Has anybody tested these types of coils  with a misting of water?

The coils are at least ip4 or ip6 waterproofed. 

I have pressure washed my engine and then drove the car home. If that helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Very nice job on installing the coil over plugs. I would like to do something similar but just can't find a post that show how to wire them up. All i keep seeing is to buy megasquirt. Is there another way with out spending all that money when you don't want or need all that the megasquirt offers.  Need help!!!!!

• 3 months later...
On 12/31/2021 at 8:02 PM, Brad-ManQ45 said:

Plenty of test showing more than twice the energy from the REAL R35 could - they are the only ones that are second to the AEM coils.

Bosch P100-T coils are twice the spark energy as the R35 coils and about $100/coil. 

• 3 weeks later...