HybridZ

Arizona Z Rotors

Any circle track supplier will have rotors. You need to know the diameter, the thickness, and the bolt circle. I think their normal kit is 12.2 x 1.2 with a 8 on 7" bolt circle in the front. Not sure if they use the narrower .83" rear rotor. Think so.

Pit Stop USA usually has pretty good prices. There are different brands, but I linked to their Wilwood rotors here: https://pitstopusa.com/c-135208-brake-systems-and-components-disc-brake-rotors-wilwood-rotors-wilwoodcurved-vane-brake-rotors.html

I will try them again today before I start looking elsewhere. I have already sent 2 emails and spoke with Dave twice since Monday. He says he will call me back in a couple of hours and I never hear back. I have made it clear on my emails and phone calls that I need this ASAP. Not sure what's going on there. 

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was able to reach Willwood and give them the casting numbers from the rotors and they were able to get me a replacement part number. I ordered them from Summit and should have them here tomorrow. Another thing that was odd is that Dave says he slots those rotors in house and they are not directional therefore you can interchange left from right. Wilwood says their slotted rotors are directional, they have a left and right side. 

To say that I'm disappointed in Arizona Z is an understatement. I spoke with Dave yesterday again and he told me he would need to check to see if he had the rotors and would call me back, I never heard back from him again. That's 3 times I spoke with him and the told me the same thing, plus 2 emails. They just lost a loyal customer, I will NEVER buy from them again. I have all their control arms, brakes and other parts on my car so  spent some money there and to be treated the way I was is not acceptable. 

I'm not sure what the heck is going on there but if anyone ever aske me about Arizona Z I would have to tell them to stay away and buy from a company that will provide support after the sale. That's my rant of the day......LOL

He buys plain rotors then has them slotted by someone else. Guessing it saves him money somehow, probably buying rotors in bulk. I like his stuff, i have his full brake kit for my 280zx (although i didnt know i was losing my parking brake till i was installing everything) but he has never been good at customer service. Not sure if he is too busy or what. 

20 minutes ago, JMortensen said:

There are straight vaned rotors and curved vane rotors. My guess is that Dave is selling the straight vaned type, which are not directional. If the actual part number shows curved vanes and Dave is saying that they're universal, that would surprise me.

You are right, the ones Dave uses have straight vanes in the rears which is what I need to replace, his fronts are curved and have arrows showing the direction the need to go in. Willwoods slotted version of the rears Dave uses are curved vaned. Does the way the slots are cut on the rotor make a difference? Just wonder if those need to be directional as well. 

12 minutes ago, G-Tech said:

He buys plain rotors then has them slotted by someone else. Guessing it saves him money somehow, probably buying rotors in bulk. I like his stuff, i have his full brake kit for my 280zx (although i didnt know i was losing my parking brake till i was installing everything) but he has never been good at customer service. Not sure if he is too busy or what. 

That could be it, maybe it saves him money doing it that way. The problem is how long it takes. He told me it would take several weeks to have that done when Wilwood has the same rotors already slotted in stock. Don't get me wrong I like his stuff as well specially the size of the rotors. 13" in the front and 12.2" in the rear helps fill in the wheel space nicely. Luckily I was able to get the parking brake option on mine.

10 minutes ago, JMortensen said:

It's just like a squirrel cage fan. So if you look at the fins from the top of the rotor they should point to the back of the car.

Do the slots on the face of the rotors also need to be facing a specific direction? Or that does not mater.