HybridZ

Champion 4 row radiator to 2JZ

blindside73

Hello everyone. I just finished swapping (2JZGE/CD009) my 260z and I'm upgrading the cooling system with a champion 4 row.

Champion Radiator:

inlet 1-1/4"

outlet 1-1/4"

2JZGE:

Upper: 1-5/16"

Lower: 1-7/16"

what hoses are everyone using?

Attached are some photos during the swap process.

20200725_135325.jpg

20200719_120216.jpg

20200710_125848.jpg

20200124_122737.jpg

20200912_095121.jpg

20201001_232339.jpg

IMG_20201011_162304_01.jpg

Edited by blindside73
photos

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 7:24 PM, blindside73 said:

Hello everyone. I just finished swapping (2JZGE/CD009) my 260z and I'm upgrading the cooling system with a champion 4 row.

Nice progress on the swap. Curious as to what company you went with for the trans/bellhousing adapter. I am aware of Maverick Motorsports, Collins Adapters and SerielNine, but have not chosen one for my swap as of yet. 

On 11/15/2020 at 8:13 PM, Nelsonian said:

Nice progress on the swap. Curious as to what company you went with for the trans/bellhousing adapter. I am aware of Maverick Motorsports, Collins Adapters and SerielNine, but have not chosen one for my swap as of yet. 

Thanks for the compliments!  I wouldn't recommend the company i went with good thing they are not on your list.  I've heard good things about PMC and Fish Raching. If i was to do it all over i would have gone with Fish Racing.  I think going with that configuration would allow an external shifter relocation (haven't taken any measurements to confirm).  The internal shifter that i converted too is not ideal to say the least.  The throw between 2nd to 3rd and 4th to 5th are so short and easily shifting into the wrong gears.

You can undo the short throw by using a longer shifter with an extension rod. I feel you on what you are saying some of the shifts with the CD009 are sketchy and hard to tell especially with a short shifter and a soft transmission/motor mount. My fear was always somehow missing 5th or 6th and slipping into reverse (forget which way it goes).

9 hours ago, seattlejester said:

You can undo the short throw by using a longer shifter with an extension rod. I feel you on what you are saying some of the shifts with the CD009 are sketchy and hard to tell especially with a short shifter and a soft transmission/motor mount. My fear was always somehow missing 5th or 6th and slipping into reverse (forget which way it goes).

The pictures above doesn't detail the complete shifter.  There is an extension which threads on to the lower half and secured by the jam nut you see.  This does result is more side to side throw but no where near stock travel.

The reverse lockout bracket also isn't installed in the picture but you can see a small standoff on the right side of the lower shaft.  This prevents the user from miss shifting from 5th to reverse and requires that stand off to be pressed down before selecting reverse.