HybridZ

Proven larger wheel upgrade ideas for 280Z

1978 280z with stock suspension other than sway bar upgrade. Considering Eibach lowering springs. Bumpers have been removed lightening the car front and rear. This will be sport/street driven only for now. I’ve read many threads on the forum but most are 10yrs old or older. A lot of equipment as you know has evolved since. Way too many options out there. Looking for any advice possible before I start throwing money away and re-selling wheels an tires I can’t use. Not opposed to upgrades necessary to get the proper stance for my Z. Right now it looks like it’s an suv. Appreciate any advice you can give! Thanks

john

What's the proper "stance"?  It's all subjective. Lowered cars rarely pay dividends on the street outside of crushed air dams and high-centered speed bumps. The 260 and 280Z have a higher stock ride height than the 240z, but lowering it an inch or two will produce the appearance of the earlier car. As for wheels and tires, a 225 50R15 on a 7" zero offset wheel seems to work nicely on a slightly lowered 280Z. 

• Like 1