HybridZ

To anyone who has had their windshield out....

Ironhead

Do you remember seeing a small hole in the upper driver's side corner of the windshield frame?  I am not referring to the drain holes on the lower frame...this would be a smaller hole, maybe 1/8" in diameter....

My car has such a hole, and I do not know if it is supposed to be there for some reason (can't imagine what) or if maybe it was made when my car was media blasted or something.  Debating whether to leave it or fill it with seam sealer before putting in the windshield....  Like I said, I cannot imagine the purpose of this hole, but it looks pretty much perfectly round like it is supposed to be there.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ironhead said:

Do you remember seeing a small hole in the upper driver's side corner of the windshield frame?  I am not referring to the drain holes on the lower frame...this would be a smaller hole, maybe 1/8" in diameter....

My car has such a hole, and I do not know if it is supposed to be there for some reason (can't imagine what) or if maybe it was made when my car was media blasted or something.  Debating whether to leave it or fill it with seam sealer before putting in the windshield....  Like I said, I cannot imagine the purpose of this hole, but it looks pretty much perfectly round like it is supposed to be there.

Thanks!

Any chance you can post a pic?  I can't remember ever seeing one like you're describing.

Weird.  There is no evidence there was ever rust there, so all I can guess is that it was a thin spot in the metal that was cut through when the car was media blasted, which really makes very little sense.  I'll post a pic tomorrow.

In the meantime I'm going to fill it in.  Thanks for all the input.