HybridZ

My Heim Joints Hurt.

;)  Now that I've got your attention,

Can I get some input on the survivability of heim joints in some of the popular suspension upgrades out there?

Many of these kits (TTT, Apex to name a couple) seem angled toward track performance, and utilize heim joints in every location possible to achieve that. I'm concerned about the durability and drivability of such components on a street car.  I'm considering using RideTech R-Joints on an Apex Track Attack setup for my 280z 2+2 to alleviate some of the noise and reliability issues associated with heim joints in street use. Any thoughts?

I can't comment on durability, but I've got the full Apex set up and do find it fairly harsh on the road - Especially the front end it's all heim joints. I've not come across anything like the RideTech joins before, but think I'll they might be the answer of getting the adjustability without all the harshness. I'll add it to my list of purchases. 

No comment on those specific products, but I ran heims joints except for stock ball joints on my car for 40K miles, a couple seasons of autox, and a handful of track days and they didn't wear out and I didn't find them too harsh. I took my dad for a ride when he was about 70 and his comment when he got out was how comfy the Recaro seat was. I had 200/250 springs and ran Illuminas on 1 or 2 on the street. 

7 hours ago, Ryan_T said:

I can't comment on durability, but I've got the full Apex set up and do find it fairly harsh on the road - Especially the front end it's all heim joints. I've not come across anything like the RideTech joins before, but think I'll they might be the answer of getting the adjustability without all the harshness. I'll add it to my list of purchases. 

Thanks for the comments, everybody.  

Ryan, do you have the "Track Attack" suspension?  I'm hoping that I can install it in my 2+2 and keep the functionality of the back seat (even thought NOBODY ever sits there).