HybridZ

Looking for a mag sytle lug nut with a short collar

tokuzumi

And a 17mm diameter shank.

have Western wheels with removable spokes in the stock size (14 x 6-ish). When buttoning everything back up from my brake job, I noticed one of my lug nuts wasn't round at the base anymore. All the lugs are fine, as I was able to thread a lug nut on all studs as a test. Trying to find a mag style lug nut with a short collar is easier said than done. Some paper napkin measuring shows I have about 10 mm from the wheel face to the outside of the hub. Current lug nuts have about 3mm of collar below the washer. They are the stock M12 x 1.25 thread

The wheels;

And this is the lug nut I'm trying to replace (21mm socket, 34mm long);

zxlugnut-jpg.107876

As long as I can get something that fits in the 17mm lug stud hole, I'll be good.  I can double up on some washers on the shank if need be.  

On an unrelated note, how much of a job would it be to get the holes on the wheels enlarged to accommodate the 18mm shank on every lug nut on the internet?

Gorilla has good stuff on their site and seems to make a good product.  You can find them in the auto parts stores, on the shelf.

Read this page and you'll see that hole size is not the issue.  Yours have a specific seat style.  Wheels either locate through the seat, or by the shank.  Shanks require a precision hole.  The others require a precision seat.

https://www.gorilla-auto.com/gorilla-tech-tips

Edited by NewZed