HybridZ

1981 280zx Front bumper conversion

Matt Sumners

I'm new to the Datsun world but fell in love with them the past year or so. I recently bought a 1981 280zx and want to put on a front grille with a turn signal delete. If anyone has done I'd love some pointers and tips. Things to look out for or if its even possible on the zx's. Any input is appreciated.

You kinda have the same dream as alot of zx owners. Unfortunately I've never seen it done to great success. Your car is surprisingly different than the older 240,260 and even 280z..if your very talented with body work and or have some money to pay someone talented, you can be the 1st. My suggestion is embrace the uniqueness of the 280zx (s130 chassis)...i have a 280zx also so I'm on your side...

This is the closest things I've seen done successfuly similar to what you're asking for. The S130 chassis is dramatically different from the S30. There's no grill that would delete your turn signals like on a 280z because yours on the ZX are integrated into the bumper. I'm not sure why you would want to do that regardless. Check out the rest of Bruce's videos too. He has one of the most tastefully modded ZXs if you're looking for some inspiration.