HybridZ

L28ET E85 FLEX FUEL

Midnight240z

I don't know of anyone that has done it offhand, but the results of E85 would be that you can run more timing and boost,  your fuel mileage would drop, and you'll need a bigger fuel pump and injectors to hit the same power levels. 

• 2 months later...

I used a GM flex fuel sensor with my MS3 setup and have maps at 0% ethanol and 85%.  You can blend the maps based on the % of ethanol in the fuel.  I replaced all of the fuel line in the engine bay with e85 friendly stuff.  I haven't done anything to the tank or the backend-of-the-car hoses and what not.  I make sure that if it's going to be sitting for a long period of time it's got low-ethanol fuel in it.

As calZ states you can bump up your timing and potentially your boost when running e85.  My table slides up to +3 timing at 85%.  I haven't put the MS-controller boost solenoid on yet so that's not something that's controlled by MS, but I don't feel comfortable running pump gas over 15psi on my setup.  I'd feel comfortable up to 18-20 psi on E85.

Edited by Chris83zxt