HybridZ

82 280zx Na power to injectors but not shooting out fuel

Casanova702

Did you guys find the problem ? I’m having the same problem I’m running a hot power to the fuel pump with relay and switch . So I’m getting fuel and spark but the injectors are not shooting fuel . I ran my probe to the injectors I’m getting 12v when I start the car drops to 10v then back 12v I’m Guessing I’m getting pulse so I’m a little lost I changed the ecu still the same . Please help !!☹️

4 hours ago, Casanova702 said:

Did you guys find the problem ? I’m having the same problem I’m running a hot power to the fuel pump with relay and switch . So I’m getting fuel and spark but the injectors are not shooting fuel .

How do you know the injectors are not opening?

Have you tried starting fluid in the intake manifold to be sure that you have good air flow and cylinder pressure?  If you have spark and everything else is right the engine should start and run for a second or two with starting fluid.

You're not giving enough information to make good guesses.

I’m getting fuel from the pump to the rail 40-36psi cause I got hot wired to a relay and fuse . But it’s not throwing fuel from the rail to the injector out . But sometimes i will leave it alone for a while and it will start for a second or two and die out . This is the list what I bought for it brand new : fuel pump , alternator, ignition switch , ignition coil , distributor , battery, wire set , spark plugs , fuel filter ,new engine valves /lifters , mass air flow sensor ,  cylinder head temperature sensor ,new injectors and new oil sender . 

My problem is the injectors are not shooting the fuel out . I unscrewed them out from the manifold and put it on top of a box and turn the key nothing comes out but the  s130 was running perfectly fine for almost 150 miles with no problem after I put it back together . It ran beautiful the. Just shut off and never wanted to run again smh 🤦‍♂️ 

4CC85F34-9302-4975-90EF-CC32643CBB0A.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Casanova702 said:

I’m getting fuel from the pump to the rail 40-36psi cause I got hot wired to a relay and fuse . But it’s not throwing fuel from the rail to the injector out . But sometimes i will leave it alone for a while and it will start for a second or two and die out .

This is the list what I bought for it brand new : fuel pump , alternator, ignition switch , ignition coil , distributor , battery, wire set , spark plugs , fuel filter ,new engine valves /lifters , mass air flow sensor ,  cylinder head temperature sensor ,new injectors and new oil sender . 

My problem is the injectors are not shooting the fuel out . I unscrewed them out from the manifold and put it on top of a box and turn the key nothing comes out but the  s130 was running perfectly fine for almost 150 miles with no problem after I put it back together . It ran beautiful the. Just shut off and never wanted to run again smh 🤦‍♂️ 

How do you now that you're getting spark?  It sounds more like your "matchbox", ignition module, on the distributor is bad, or the triggering mechanism inside the distributor.  Starting fluid will tell you if the spark is good.  The injectors won't open (shoot fuel out) if there's no spark.  The ECU opens the injectors after each three sparks it sees.

The simplest cheapest test you could do is to shoot some starting fluid in the intake manifold and see if it runs for a few seconds.   If it won't you probably have a bad ignition module.