HybridZ

Time Delay Wiper: Need Module Ideas

Ok, it's been ages since I posted anything and my car has been torn down for over a decade now, but last weekend I got a bug up my butt and spent the last week drawing out wiring diagrams for the chassis wiring of the entire car. I got everything done besides the wiper diagram and I have an idea, but having trouble finding ways to make it work.

A little background on the car first. It's a 74' with factory intermittent wipers. I did the Honda motor swap back when I was driving it, but just as Lo/Hi because I was stupid and threw the wiper delay relay/module in the trash thinking "I don't need no stinking computer in this car." But I also messed up the wiring install, and being my only vehicle at the time I just quickly installed a push/pull headlight switch. Now when I go back together, I want to use the factory switch again.

After ohming the switch in the different positions, I found making the Lo/Hi circuits would be easy. But I also felt I would be annoyed by having an empty "click" where the intermittent is supposed to be so I've been thinking about making it functional again. I have my results of the ohming in the attached diagram (wire colors are from the switch side of harness, if I remember correctly the harness side differed). Also, I never liked dimming my dash lights so I would also like to reuse the factory rheostat as the delay settings, which makes it harder for me to find a suitable aftermarket module/relay. I have played with the Honda motor and found that just ground the blue wire will make Lo work, and ground the blue/yellow for Hi, but I also tried something the blue/white but it got hot and I lost the park function when I tried through the 5 pin relay again, so I don't know if any further testing with the current motor is valid. 

Now, looking at how the switch ohmed out, it connects the blue/yellow and white/black circuits together in Int., but not through the ground circuit like the other settings. With the white/black being the one that's grounded in the switch for the Lo setting, I'm thinking that I need a module that will connect to the blue/yellow and time delay it to ground, which will essentially just periodically ground the Lo circuit. As mentioned earlier, I would like to be able to control the length of the time delay with the factory dash dimmer rheostat, which I believe is just 2 wires (the dash is stored in the attic so I haven't been able to confirm.) If this sounds right, does anybody know of any aftermarket module able to accomplish this? None of the ones I've seen fit my bill. I'm not afraid of attempting to solder up my own mother/daughterboard type thing either if someone can figure that part out. I'm not worried about having the washer motor on that circuit as having wipers that come on automatically while hitting the washer button has always annoyed me.

20210130_230053.jpg