HybridZ

5 lug front hubs using cheap off the shelf parts

She's cute.  Interesting but aren't 5 lug conversion kits readily available?  Just had a look at TTT and their front and rear 5 lug hubs and axles would $850 so you could save a lot of cash by picking up your own Mustang front hubs and then order the rear axles.

That's good info to hang onto, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Cute dog, and attractive young lady.

That out of the way, the 2nd-generation Camaro front hubs/rotors also fit the 280Z spindles.  I confirmed this in a "pick-a-part" junkyard in Ontario, California, some 20 years ago.  But, whether with the Mustang or the Camaro, we have the issues noted in the video: rotor diameter is too large (needs to be machined-down), and brake caliper has to be replaced with a larger and beefier unit --> more weight.

So... what if instead one prefers the comparatively svelte weight of the stock hub/rotor and stock brake calipers... but wishes to avail oneself of the much more common 5x114.3mm bolt pattern?  Maybe redrill the front (and rear) hubs?  This was tried a decade ago, here: 

.  But I have not seen an update.

The topic was casually revisited here: 

... evidently with consensus to redrill nothing, but instead to spend $500 (then) on some aftermarket parts (link to parts is in above-linked thread).

In the spirit of this thread - machining, instead of buying new stuff - it would be nice to see an update.... or am I being petulantly cheap?