HybridZ

Complete please delete

Willflow

"Better" depends on what you want.  What do you want the replacement turbo to do.  Help the engine develop more power?  Less lag? Describe your setup too so we can help you.  Is it a stock engine or is it heavily modified 3.2, fully race ported head and a high lift cam?

Yes you are correct. I am shooting for 300-350 rwhp. Ill be running Nistune on a z32 ecu with a basically stock engine. I pulled the head last night because thia engine has been sitting for 17 years and I want studs. I could easily clean up the ports now. I want solid streetable power instead of a peaky dyno queen. Thanks.

Gotcha, also budget is a factor. If you have $2k to spare I would consider at Garret g25 series. Garrett has guidelines for selecting a turbo for your engine. For my ported and high lift cam 3l L6. Turns out that the g25-650 is a good match. I currently run a first gen gt35. It works ok, boost hits around 3.5k but only because I'm running a .64 a/r turbine. The small a/r chokes the engine at about 6k where torque falls off.

Yep, i was eyeing the G25-550 but i have a smaller power target. Expensive little bugger. Garret I believe the GTX(70?) is about $500 less but also less efficient. Garrett has a program on their website that calculates the most efficient turbo for your application. 

• 2 months later...
  • Willflow changed the title to Complete please delete