HybridZ

Extra wide marugen rear flares

fusion

Is anyone running the extra wide marugen shoukai rear flares?  https://www.rhdjapan.com/marugen-shoukai-rear-extra-wide-over-fenders-s30-s31.html

Would really like to see pics and hear comments.

From my research, it appears that 275s are the biggest tire that can fit under the standard size ZG flares, is that correct?  Anyone know the max size under the extra wide flares?

Thanks

Axles won't matter as long as the spindles are the same. The coilovers definitely help with clearance, though. You can get that done as cheaply as this. https://groundcontrolstore.com/collections/s30-coilover-conversion 

Obviously it's more money to spend, but if you're going for a particular look it might be worth it to you. You also get the ability to dial in an exact ride height and a custom spring rate. I still haven't answered your original question, but more food for thought.

33 minutes ago, fusion said:

The custom length axles and transverse link allowed the spindle to move inboard, thus giving more clearance.  Unless I misunderstood what that guy did.

Ah, I hadn't noticed that further down in the thread. I thought you were talking about his original custom CV axles. Sorry about that. 

No problem man.  Hopefully there is a clear answer on how wide of a tire can fit in an S30 with standard and extra wide flares.  Obviously the wheel offset makes a big difference, but I can buy whatever wheels are necessary.  

• 3 weeks later...

These are the rip off of the wider marugens, and I have the real ones now. Its a 295 in the rear, but theres more than enough room to squeeze a 315 back there. 17x10.5's right now. Prob could've gone as far as 11.5 but that would prob be the limit with this offset.

rear.png.0cf2e7c71dbd0939f409d07d83bc1d70.png