HybridZ

Flares that fit tight to the body and do not need welting

fusion

I just got a set of Marugen Shokai flares and the fit is great and shouldn’t need welting like some flares do to sit flush with the body, but I would definitely suggest some kind of welting behind it. While the fiberglass seems good quality and tough any kind of chassis flex back there will slowly but surely start to pull pieces apart, crack it, or spiderweb whatever coating you put on it. 

Thanks for your comments.  Did you get the standard, deluxe, or special type?  How long did it take for you to get them?

So you think the flares need some sort of flexible material behind them to prevent cracking of the paint on the flares?

I got mine from a Hybridz member, so I’m not really sure on the efficiency of shipping from Japan. As for welting it’s not necessary, really depends on the look you want and what sort of driving you do. My car will be a nice weather cruiser maybe the occasional track event and car meet, and where I live the roads are terribly rough so I’m planning to use it for peace of mind. I’ve seen plenty of pictures of them flush mounted though, it probably will just take some extra work to avoid gaps that would otherwise be filled with some pliable welting.

I have the deluxe regular width flares, get deluxe or special unless weight is crucial to your application, the standard just seems very thin.

Edited by Sanchez