HybridZ

Has Anyone Ever Created a 240Z Interior Screw, Bolt, Nut list with thread type, size, etc

On 2/15/2021 at 7:26 PM, JMF 240 said:

Has Anyone Ever Created a 240Z Interior Screw, Bolt, Nut list with thread type, size, etc.. ?  Specifically the Dashboard and Heater Panel area

Nearly every single bolt holding the interior together is an M6x1.0. A handful of M8s in oddball spots (I believe the original seat mount bolts are M8s, but I can't check since mine are on square tubing with different hardware)

The only other stuff that doesn't match that are the interior screws which there aren't a ton of (4 for the defrost cowl panel, 4 for the hvac controls and... 6? for the taillight panel). The interior trim is either glued, has clips like the doors, or uses plastic rivets.

Since you asked specifically about the dash and heater, it's probably something like 20 bolts, all of them M6x1.0 I'm pretty sure. Only ones that will be different are the hvac controls which are a bit different between models. 

Half the car is put together with them, pretty much all about a 1in/20mm length. Dash, earlier radiators (?) fuel line brackets, brake line brackets, master and slave cylinders, evap canister, fuel filler neck.... the list goes on and on.

Edited by Zetsaz

• 1 month later...