HybridZ

100% Injector dead time vs Voltage

79er

I have recorded my voltage levels with the car at idle at (800 - 900) RPM with the electronic fans on. And the electric fans off.

Here are my results.

Fans not running

At about 900 RPM (14.10 - 14.20) Volts.

Fans running

At about 850 - 900 RPM (13.90 - 14.00) Volts.

My injector dead time is currently set to 1.500 (Ms).

Here is a picture of the stock curve values set by tunerstudio.

Stock Curve

Would it not make sense to have the injector Dead Time running at 100% during this voltage swing?

Here is a picture of the new voltage curve, which is more or less a flat line between these two voltages. 

Modified

Edited by 79er

No, that doesn't make sense. You want the curve to reflect the characteristics of your injectors. 

you can't 'set' the dead time - you can only inform the ECU what the dead time is, for it to use in calculating injection duration. 

your dead time will not be 1.5ms from 13.9 to 14.2 volts. 

33 minutes ago, 79er said:

Thank you for clarifying that up. This is my current tune with a bit of testing involved. At these settings my VE table at Idle is able to achieve in the range of 20 - 30 Fuel load.

Is this table a bit more suitable, more practical?

Current Values

Sure, if that's what your testing shows. Really all you're looking for is that the AFR/Lambda doesn't change at idle with the fans on and off, with the lights on and off. etc.  As long as your fuelling remains pretty constant across all the different voltages that your car is likely to see then I wouldn't worry to much about the out extremes of the dead time table.