HybridZ

Lh6 (5.3 ls)/ t5 nwc?

Hey everyone!

I need help here. I am looking to get a 5.3 but my 280zx has a built t5. I know the t5 was used in many chevy applications but i can't find info on the differences. Can the ls and the Borg Earner T5 Non World Class trans be used together? It would be great to keep the rest of my drivetrain.

Thanks for all the help!

My z's

76 s30, 82 s130, 93 z32 conv.

Probably not . Unless the T-5 was upgraded with bigger input and output ( basically a WC) , it won’t hold up. You can sell it for good money . Folks are looking for those bell housings or send it off to G-Force for a $$ Upgrade 

Don't kow what "built" entails but I looked into upgrading a WC T-5 with GForce stuff for another Ford project of mine.  After spending $2k you still have a trans rated to 400-500 ft.lbs.  I choose to run a V6 T-5 and bellhousing from late 90s to early 2000s Mustang which is the same trans that came in 90's Cobra rated just over 300 ft.lbs.  It has same Windsor bellhousing bolt pattern for my 5.0 block so it bolts up fine.  When I blow it up will buy another from wrecking yard, they are cheap and plentiful.

Long story short, I think you will spend good money to upgrade and make fit that T-5 which is better spent on a T-56 or Magnum. 

7 hours ago, 280Z-LS3 said:

Don't kow what "built" entails but I looked into upgrading a WC T-5 with GForce stuff for another Ford project of mine.  After spending $2k you still have a trans rated to 400-500 ft.lbs.  I choose to run a V6 T-5 and bellhousing from late 90s to early 2000s Mustang which is the same trans that came in 90's Cobra rated just over 300 ft.lbs.  It has same Windsor bellhousing bolt pattern for my 5.0 block so it bolts up fine.  When I blow it up will buy another from wrecking yard, they are cheap and plentiful.

Long story short, I think you will spend good money to upgrade and make fit that T-5 which is better spent on a T-56 or Magnum. 

G- Force is rated at 650lbs I believe . and it’s more like 3500 $