HybridZ

Painting/wrapping the concave headlight "casing" black

s1ddb

I have recently purchased a 1980 280zx with 275k miles, and am planning on some cosmetic mods on it. It's the light blue color but regardless of color, has anybody ever made the "headlight casing" that sits in front of the headlight black? I have been trying to see if anybody had done this so I was curious since I can't seem to find anybody else having done this or even a picture. I'm speaking about the concave area of the headlight design (not the actual headlight itself).

I was considering headlight covers but wasn't too sure about the look on blue and I have some CF wrap laying around that I could wrap that portion in before I put the covers on to give it a bit of a unique look, but just want to make sure I don't make the car look like it's crying before I go forward with anything.

3 hours ago, s1ddb said:

I have recently purchased a 1980 280zx with 275k miles, and am planning on some cosmetic mods on it. It's the light blue color but regardless of color, has anybody ever made the "headlight casing" that sits in front of the headlight black? I have been trying to see if anybody had done this so I was curious since I can't seem to find anybody else having done this or even a picture. I'm speaking about the concave area of the headlight design (not the actual headlight itself).

I was considering headlight covers but wasn't too sure about the look on blue and I have some CF wrap laying around that I could wrap that portion in before I put the covers on to give it a bit of a unique look, but just want to make sure I don't make the car look like it's crying before I go forward with anything.

Years ago I chased that idea around and couldn't find any good pics so went to the craft store and p/u a couple of pieces of black construction paper and cut out the patterns and taped them in, it gave me a very good idea of what would look like.  I didn't end going with that look but I'm glad I did it.