HybridZ

Double din radio

fusion

Has anyone ever installed a double din dash unit in an s30?  Looks like a 9 or 10" unit would fit really nice and you get bluetooth, audio, backup camera, gps, etc.

I am trashing the HVAC and was thinking this could fit in that spot perfectly.

I have seen some people install double dins but i do not know how.

Let me start by saying my car is in the process of being built (still in paint and body) so i cannot tell you if i like it but I bought a joying double din. The main brain box is a single din connected to the 9in screen via a 8in ribbon cable so I have much more mounting flexibility. This was the only way I figured it would work as I will have a vintage ac system along with a shifter cable going through the area.

This is like the one I bought.

https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-8-single-din-android-8-1-0-car-multimedia-player-4gb-64gb.html

Edited by walkerbk
add link

Can certainly be done.  Takes time, creativity and some fab skills.  This is the console I created in my '71.  You will note it is a 260/280 dash.  I used this because the dash opening is more conducive to adding things like a DD radio.  I fabricated the opening face place to house the radio, vents, Vintage Air controls and Audi pop out cup holders and switches.

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG