HybridZ

Close ratio zx 5 speeds

Willflow

What are these going for these days? I saw an eBay ad for 1k but that seems high. I have 2 and I don't think they will survive what I have planned ( boost ). If I can get a good amount then I can buy a CD009. I also have a truck 5 speed that needs a 5th gear but is good otherwise and the factory 76 4 speed.

49 minutes ago, Willflow said:

What are these going for these days? I saw an eBay ad for 1k but that seems high. I have 2 and I don't think they will survive what I have planned ( boost ). If I can get a good amount then I can buy a CD009. I also have a truck 5 speed that needs a 5th gear but is good otherwise and the factory 76 4 speed.

I have seen them posted for $800-$1200 on offer-up mostly (in the LA area) depending on condition. I think the stroked L28 crowd are the ones who are willing to shell out for one. 

If you want to move it quick, search every platform (especially Facebook) and price yours $100 lower than everyone else’s. Someone will buy it. 

• 10 months later...

@Z Bear If you don't find one here, try searching pick-a-parts with 280zx's. If manual, they will have the 5 speeds you are looking for (unless you care a lot about the ratio). They are going for a lot these days (i see them from $500-$1200) because of demand, so you might have to pull one yourself or maybe even buy a junked 280zx and part it out. You could get the whole car for as little as $3-5k, often with title problems which is not a problem for you.