HybridZ

Pedal box swap

Has anyone swapped the pedal box from a 260/280 into their 240? I'd like a new and larger booster/master combo. The Toyota Tacoma option would work great, but my 72 has the earlier booster bolt pattern. I'm capable of drilling four holes, but the 240z pedal box looks like it would need some metal added, so I figure it would just be easier to use the later pedal box. 

Is there anything else that's different between the versions? Are there issues mounting the steering column? I guess I'm planning on going EPS anyway, so I could just grab a 280Z version of that if necessary. 

Edited by calZ

15 hours ago, calZ said:

Nobody? Maybe I should have put this in the general S30 section 

I think that what you're proposing is not the way that most people would get to a larger booster.  Which is really all that you're trying to do.  Swapping to a completely different pedal box to get a bigger booster seems like a more difficult path than necessary.

That's entirely possible. It just seems to me that the holes for a 280Z hole pattern booster would run into the edge of the 240Z pedal box, and then the clutch master would need to be moved along with the pedal being modified to match. I don't have a 280Z box in front of me to compare, though, so it's just going off pictures. I asked on classiczcars as well, and someone was going to compare them for me. 

• 2 months later...