HybridZ

Futofab 100mm CV Axles

BobsZTwins

Recently finished swapping out the stock rear axles for new Futofab 108mm CV axles on my 74 260Z Scarab (393ci single turbo.) Had to clearance the lower control arms and the right side sway bar top washer a bit but other than that the install was pretty straightforward. I didn't clearance the left side quite enough the first time and chewed up the pigtails on the inboard safety wire. So had to drop the exhaust again and grind, file and sand more material. Took some real gyrations to do it without removing the CV axle which I really didn't want to do after torqueing all the bolts and learning how to safety wire on my back. I really didn't think the LCA would swing that far up under hard acceleration. Oops! Anyway here's a few pics.

Test fit of the inner adaptor plate showed there was definitely some interference

But the final install looks pretty good. Don't have to worry about twisting a 50 year old u-joint or snapping the stock axle in two anymore.

Unlike some other posts on these axles, I have no issues with clunking (loose joints) or fitment. 

Clearance.jpg

Side view.jpg

Rear View.jpg

• Thanks 1