HybridZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After work I got a head start on tomorrows work on the Z car.  I went ahead and sanded up and prepped the driver's door and door jamb and painted it with the new clear which works SO well.  I want to try and get both doors back on tomorrow, so I can finish the dirty work inside....then mop it out top to bottom, and start getting all my new interior pieces in.  Here are a couple pics from tonight.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

10-18-2021 update. Well my "goal" for today was to get the inner door and door jamb on the driver's side in paint, and get both doors back on the car. I was successful. I posted last night, that I was able to get the door jamb and inner door in paint last night, which was great, as the paint was cured just enough for me to be able to re-install. In addition to the doors and jambs, I was able to finish up the floors on the driver's side and got it in paint. I then slid the car in the garage over to where I could work on the passenger side. It is currently off the jack stands. Next, it's time to work on the dash and console. Then some interior vinyl painting on the faded sections of red, get the stereo and speakers in, then install the new interior panels and carpet after a through clean up. Plenty of work to do. 🙂 After done I took some pics and the car looked grey for the dust from using the orbital sander on all metal filler around the gas filler door! Anyway, here are some pics 🙂

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg