HybridZ

240z heater core and fan box restoration

A to Z

Try your local radiator shop. I went to an oldschool place years ago to have my core rebuilt. Turned out they found a brand new Z heater core on the shelf from the 80s so I used that and kept my leaking one in case I ever needed a spare to re-core. 

• 2 months later...

I just took a break from body work to take care of restoring a few small parts on the car and started with my whole heater/blower housing assembly. Aside from the actual heater core everything should be pretty easy to clean and paint. If you have a sandblasting cabinet you can get a really nice finish. Get a good sheet of cork gasket material and some adhesive foam like they use for sealing camper shells on trucks and you could have it painted in one day and assembled the next. As for the actual heater core I’ve seen some people using new aluminum cores from a 2000’s Ford sedan that requires a little modification to the housing and coolant hose routing but apparently blows some desert-like heat when combined with the Honda/Kia blower.

Edited by Sanchez