HybridZ

Where Can I Find A Drum Backing Plate? - 240z

Hi, I recently purchased my dream car, a late 1971 Series 2 Datsun 240z. There are many pieces missing and one of which happens to be the entire rear drum systems. I have sourced all of the new parts I need to put drums back on the car except for the most crucial piece: The Backing Plate. This part seems to be classified as "Unobtainium" for some odd reason along with some other parts. Is there anyone who happens to know a source for the backing plates or happen to be willing to sell an extra pair for a reasonable price? Thank you!

NOS may be hard to find, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a good used set.  I would check on ClassicZcars.com -- that bunch is very good about saving/preserving original-style parts. 

I did a quick Google search and saw these on eBay; it's more than you need, but a pretty good price for all those parts if they truly are in good condition: https://www.ebay.com/itm/70S-DATSUN-240Z-280REAR-BRAKE-BACKING-PLATES-LEFT-RIGHT-NICE-OEM-BRAKE-PARTS-/223428019573 

Edited by jhm

• 1 month later...