HybridZ

Full Face Dash Cover Worth?

I currently own a 1981 280zx, the car is in pretty pristine condition. However, I want to protect my Dash from the Sun and other things. Currently, there are no cracks or any issues with my Dash and I was thinking of buying a dash cap pacifically the one on the Z store. However, it says I would need to apply adhesive to my current Dash and the dash cap. Would I ever be able to remove that adhesive without any issues or would this be a permanent overlay?

Also, my current dash is blue and want a black interior, dont want to re-paint it and I may one day want to go back to the original so the option is very tempting.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334214953109?epid=15024529959&hash=item4dd0c37895:g:UxcAAOSwJL1hjSyc

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic08d04/50-2023

Edited by adsdsasdasdasda

I have that dash cap. i tried not putting RTV on it the 1st time and the sun warped it and it got wavy. i bought a 2nd one and decided to use the RTV and it worked much better. however, even with minimal sun it still cracked after couple year. its garage kept and i use a windshield screen whenever i can. the only real direct sun it gets is at carshows. i will say its a very nice option for covering a cracked dash without spending much money and its not alot of work to put it on. there is some trimming needed but not bad. i also had a blue dash and put a black cover on and it looked good.