HybridZ

Where are you hiding your wires?

Next phase after my hardlines will be rewiring my car. Where are people hiding their harness? Are you running it inside the engine bay frame rails? I have a similar drivetrain to this car and I would love for it to be this sano.

http://www.zcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/DSC00774.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

mutantZ,  Have you considered putting your engine compartment wiring into the Left and Right Air Interior Ventilation Tubes?   The tubes run all the way from the Core Support to the Interior Compartment (above the Kick Panels).   The tubes are smaller at the front but large past the Strut Towers.   I ran my borescope through the tubes to check them out.   They were pretty clear.   Also, you could put wiring in the Cowl Section( windsheild wiper area) for wiring that needs to go from side to side.   With this

method you could practically "hide" all of your wiring .   I hope this helps you.

Toolman

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check out the vent tubes. I'm about to put my car up on a rotisserie so I'll be able to look around the frame rails too. I followed your build for awhile, what part of Oahu are in? I grew up there and my first car was a 510. The salt air there isn't kind to Datsuns!

mutantZ,  

i used my 6 foot Borescope that I bought from Amazon for about $30 to check out those Air Inlet Tubes.

IMG_3643.JPG.f7c4d3c987157490ce8e79ffe0c00394.JPG

Here is a pic from the Borescope -from the Right Side  Kick Panel Hole looking forward to the Core Support.

IMG_3639.JPG.f0424da4bc62ab0e9718ce725c8b0bb5.JPG

I live in East Oahu near Hananuma Bay.

• 1 month later...

I have seen both the wiring and the AC lines run through those tubes-they access straight into the cabin where all the connectors are, so it's a pretty easy way to do it, just put some chafe guard on it (nylon spiral wrap) and you can probably get away with it forever.

I only say that because there's really no practical way to secure the bundle inside like on top of the frame rail, so it's bound to move and start chafing. 
You can pull your wires out to the necessary components as necessary. Running the alternator wire through the frame rail and  everything else into the ventilation tube would virtually keep all wires only visible from where they break out to where they connect to the alternator and coil. And those could be very short indeed!