HybridZ

1983 280ZX R200 Rebuild parts-list help.

danc430

I believe it's time to replace the R200  bearings and seals/etc. on my 1983 280ZX I've owned for 37 years. I'm not a differential guy per se and I'm having difficulty finding the complete parts list I may need. Zcardrepot has a kit with bearings and seals and in sniffing around other sites I see a crush sleeve and differential bearing carrier shims. This begs the question as to whether or not this completes the list of rebuild parts for an otherwise serviceable R200. (I did snag a Quaife QDF7L LSD to complete the rebuild). Any help or suggestions would be very helpful so the car doesn't end up "down" in my garage waiting for parts.. Thought about calling courtesy Nissan and talking to a mechanic but I would like to have more info so I have might have some clue-bag about what I need and don't.. As an aside, I've purchased several parts from Zcardepot and they have been very good to deal with. Hope the photo doesn't piss you purists off!

Again Thanks

Dan

DSC_3321.JPG

I had mine rebuilt also with the quaife internals years ago.  The crush sleeve got reused because I don't know of anywhere to get one. I know it sounds like a one time use but I don't think that's the case. The guy that rebuilt it was not concerned. It got reused and it's fine. I did need different shims because of the quaife unit needed different size shims so u will want to try to source something for that. I had a cnc mill at my disposal so I ended up making my own. I was gonna use synthetic oil but quaife said just use what is supposed to be in it, so I stayed away from synthetic...another company that might have some input would be zcarsource. You are gonna love that differential after this. 

22 hours ago, G-Tech said:

I had mine rebuilt also with the quaife internals years ago.  The crush sleeve got reused because I don't know of anywhere to get one. I know it sounds like a one time use but I don't think that's the case. The guy that rebuilt it was not concerned. It got reused and it's fine. I did need different shims because of the quaife unit needed different size shims so u will want to try to source something for that. I had a cnc mill at my disposal so I ended up making my own. I was gonna use synthetic oil but quaife said just use what is supposed to be in it, so I stayed away from synthetic...another company that might have some input would be zcarsource. You are gonna love that differential after this.