HybridZ

Evo9 turbo on a 280zx

Building a semi fast street fun car 1983 280zx, running a stock l28 with head studs and turbo gaped piston rings. Now I am not a gas car expert. Mainly worked of diesels in my life so first time boosting a car any tips would be great. I have the inter cooler mounted and piping and blow off valve done, car has headers that I am going to run under the oil pan to come up on the passenger side. Car has 19lb injectors Bosch and run about 60 psi already using the xfi street computer and wiring harness on the car with a 255lph fuel pump . Guess my question is can I run 18-27 pounds of boost?  

Edited by Twerkinggodzilla

I've looked at XFI systems before and many of them based on my understanding are fuel-only. I think you'll be in big trouble at 18-27psi without controlling spark timing as well. You're maybe safe at 4-5psi if are running pretty rich AFRs and retard the factory distributor a bit

3 hours ago, Zcardude said:

I've looked at XFI systems before and many of them based on my understanding are fuel-only. I think you'll be in big trouble at 18-27psi without controlling spark timing as well. You're maybe safe at 4-5psi if are running pretty rich AFRs and retard the factory distributor a bit

I have the 123 distributor and definitely wasn’t going to run that much boost at most ten but work my way up to it and looking for some 440cc injectors today