HybridZ

78 280Z 5.3/T56 swap + restoration

Now that my living room is full of parts it is time to start a build thread for my datsun.  The car was previously LS1/T56 swapped so some of the progress should be easier but I feel like I will undo most of it as I go through the restoration process. 

In it's current shape, no engine, trans, rear end, rear suspension, and 6 years worth of dust. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

I am starting with the engine bay even though I should probably start with the rear end just so I can roll the car.  Been cutting off brackets and the battery tray to get it ready to sand blast and repaint. 

spacer.png

Going to fab up a new battery tray this week and get it welded in and close up some of the holes in the inner fenders.  So far only one small spot needs a patch panel, hopefully that's it. 

Picked up a 5.3 LM4 that will be staying pretty much stock until it gets turboed a couple years in the future. 

spacer.png

17 hours ago, walkerbk said:

From the photos it looks clean. Let the fun begin.

Ehh, not quite.

spacer.png

Not to mention a few spots on the floor boards and a spot on the rocker panels that someone duck taped and painted over.  But I've worked with worse.