HybridZ

What can I delete

MarkB

Hi guys,

got a 1977 Fairlady Z RHD L20E JDM however, changing to L28 stock, bought Jenvey Heritage ITB EFI, Mangoletsi manifold, Zstory headers and exhaust, car is currently at paint shop after restoration.

im wanting to tidy up engine bay when I get it back, being a newbie I was wondering what I could delete ? 

carbon canister ? What about the airflow metre etc? I would like to get rid of some wires and hoses where possible, just to tidy it up a bit.

What’s your thought on distributor ? Keep stock or change while I’m on ? 

wouldn’t mind a few engine bay pics if poss, especially if done the Jenvey heritage 

appreciate thoughts thanks

mark 

The Jenvey ITB system won't use the AFM.  The carbon canister is at the end of the fuel tank vent.  If you like the smell of raw gasoline then remove it.  The distributor is part of an electronic ignition system.  The only way to get rid of it would be to use a crank trigger to control spark.

You'll want to start studying up on EFI.  The Jenvey system doesn't include engine management (injector and/or spark control).  It's just the mechanical parts, the throttle bodies.  "Deleting" can come later if you want to have an engine that runs well.  Study up on the "go" while your car's in the shop for the "show".  Looks like an interesting project and collection of parts.  Good luck.

https://www.jenvey.co.uk/support/

https://www.jenvey.co.uk/support/faqs/

• 3 months later...