HybridZ

Detailed Videos on Complete Bodywork of S30 Datsun

toolman

While in Tokyo, I came across these Videos which shows in great detail show a Complete Restoration of a S30 Datsun Z.   The videos even show what tools,equipment, paint, primers are used.   The only problem is that the initial videos are in Japanese without subtitles.  However,

due to popular demand, later videos came with English SubTitles.  I posted telling the general subject of repair so you can skip videos that

you are not interested in.  Go to  V8 Z forums ---To Gen II& IV Chev V8 ----to Heavy Duty Frame Rails---Go to Page 17---Go to Posting dated December 22,2022.   I hope you enjoy them.

Tap on Arrow below to go to my site to view all 49 videos.

Toolman

Edited by toolman
added by admin to make it easier to find.

These are great, I stumbled upon them a while back and initially brushed them off because of how they handled the inner rocker patch. They do an overall amazing job. It amazes me the detail work they do on a completely hidden part. They did an amazing job making the sub par Tabco rockers and patches work. then I was a bit disappointed how they handed the battery tray patch and the inner fenders above the TC bucket.

• 1 month later...

Good News-There is now a #42 Video Episode of The Complete S30 Body Restoration.   It seemed that Japanese Body stopped  working on the S30 when they painted the 

Under Carriage of this car.   But I think a Emergency Job for the Tokyo Auto Salon Show (This show is Japan's Version of the US SEMA Show)  in early 2023 was squeezed in.

But anyway, there should be at least a couple more videos coming down the road.   Enjoy!

Toolman

Edited by toolman
text correction

More Good News, as of today Feb 24,2023, I posted Two More Videos #43 and #44 on my Chevy V8 Gen III and IV postings.   Number#43 goes into more 

detail on Door Alignment and Fitment.    Number #44 shows how to create Body Lines and repairing Door Gaps.    Developing the "Feel Metal"(feeling High or

Low Spots on the sheet metal usually takes a little time to acquire but some people never acquire this skill.  Bodywork is mostly learned from experience.   These Bodyworkers make their work look easy but it isn't.

Toolman

Edited by toolman
text corrections

• 1 month later...

I just added  Part # 45 which consists of Body working the Rear Body Panel. correctly Right  Fender gaps and Fender Body Lines.   The Bodyman  reworked some

of their previous body work to improve the body panels fit.   Got to give them credit for their dedication to do a quality job.

Part # 45 can be  found on Gen II & Gen IV Chevy V8 under Heavy Duty Frame Rails on Page 17. 

Edited by toolman
text added

• 1 month later...

Finally, Part# 46 video-shows the complete of the Front Radiator Core Support.   Use of both Mig and Spot Welding is shown to fasten pieces together.   Note,

the use of Weld Through Primer on the connecting sides of the welded parts prevents future corrosion.   This step is commonly skipped so corrosion starts immmediately,

Go to Gen  II & Gen IV Chevy V8 under Heavy Duty Rails Section on Page 17.

Part #47 consists of Painting the Z Interior and Engine Compartment.  Part#48   shoes more Exterior Body Work and Paint.   Also, Taking the Car to a Local Car Show to advertise for the Shop.   Found on my  regular postings.

Edited by toolman
add text

• 3 months later...

Sorry it took so long but this Japanese Body Shop does some of Best Restorations in Japan so they really busy.   Their workmanship is excellent and very detailed.

This latest video is #49  and shows installation  of the Asphalt Insulation Pads on the Interior Floor Pans of the S30 car. 

Go to Chevy Gen IV Posting under Heavy Duty Frame Rails-posting #17 to view all 49 Videos of this 240z Restoration.