HybridZ

K-MAC Press Release

PRESS RELEASE

DATSUN 240Z, 260Z, 280Z ('70-'78)

DESIGN BREAKTHROUGH - REPLACEMENT “FRONT & REAR” STRUT TOPS

- Requiring no mods (Bolt-On).

UNLIKE OTHER BRANDS - REQUIRES NO STRUT TOP CUTTING / ALTERATION TO STRUT TOWERS. OR NEED TO DELETE ONE OF THE "3 OEM BOLT STUDS" TO MOUNT !

PROVIDING "FRONT" CAMBER (& CASTER), ALSO "REAR" CAMBER !

“Biggest adjustment range” - up to 22mm (7/8") travel - And Precisely adjustable !

Includes Extra H/Duty spherical - SELF ALIGN BEARINGS and also separate (85mm diameter) thrust bearings for steering loads, also preventing annoying spring grab, binding.

Designed to fit with factory diameter Coils (or all brands of Coil overs - 60 to 70mm diameter).

k_mac_datsun_27d3ea281d1b2c7eeb1f571201c0269acc724e7a.png

K-MAC – AUDI to VOLVO Experience of Resolving OEM Suspension Shortcomings Since 1964 !

Edited by K-MAC

I've always liked the design and quality of construction of the KMAC hardware....I'm just too damn cheap to spring the $ for it.  These latest units look nice and offer a lot of adjustability; just keep in mind that it *appears* that they will impose a bit of a LIMFAC on suspension travel and/or ride height, as compared to other, "shorter" camber plates on the market.  (Just a guess on my part, based on the appearance of the design....one would want to check actual H/W dimensions to know for sure.)

But for bolt-in pieces that give caster and camber adjustment, they look hard to beat!  It's a shame the old EMI plates are NLA.

Ah john... now I just feel like a jerk for being a sarcastic ass, hehe ("breakthrough").

Pretty cool for a bolt-on. I steer most friends away from bolt-on's unless required by class rules, but that's kind of snobby. Always good to have options for the full range of skills and driving conditions. 

Not at all, Aydin!  Like you, most guys like have committed to full race car don’t mind cutting/welding their strut towers…but there’s a whole bunch of folks that don’t want to go that route, so the bolt-in units are a nice option.  (And I’ve actually seen quite a few race Zs with bolt-in plates, as well).

What I really like about these units (and the old EMI pieces) is the camber AND caster adjustability.  But that may not be important to others based on the rest of their setup.

Cheers, buddy!