HybridZ

Which block?

Guest Tht1KSguy

Guest Tht1KSguy

Alright, I have found a couple engines. 400 blocks, the first is a 10,000mile original out of a wrecked Roadrunner it's a '74 i think. I'm building the stroker combo w/ the steel 440 crank and i think i have some six pack rods found for cheap too. Oh yeah, that first engine is $200 the 2nd is free... it's also in a wreck but i'm not sure of mileage so i'm definately expecting an overbore for that one. It will probably also need the heads rebuilt where with the first engine i'd probably just put in some stem seals and do a bowl port. I'd love to be able to find some pistons for the stock bore so i don't have the expense of boring it. Eventually as money allows i'll be adding some Stage VI heads anyway. I have a Lakewood blowproof bellhousing on the way too (used $115) still trying to locate an aluminum 833 OD. Found an iron one for $50. I'd like the weight savings but am also worried about durability w/ the aluminum case putting 600+ft/lbs through it.

Wha'dya think???

-Ryan

Guest Anonymous

aluminum case 833 behind a big block. That might be difficult because I hear that people have trouble keeping them behind a small block. You might be better off with just a iron case OD It's heavier but at least it will have a chance to live. I would put the weight difference at about 50-70lbs. You might have to go with a 10 1/2 clutch because I had to clearence about a inch around the firewall for mine to fit as far back as the distributor allowed. If the 11 inch clutch bellhousings are the same size please let me know. As far as fitment issues go with the big block if it can fit in an A body dart it can fit in a datsun. Best of luck and keep us posted.