HybridZ

another newbie

Well, I've been wanting to do a V8 conversion for a few years. So I bought a 72 240z for $500. Now I've got to buy a welder and get busy. It has the usual floorpan rust and framerail rust. So first off I've got to fix that and beef up the frame a little. This forum is great, I have learned many things from reading old posts. The car has a L26 engine in it right now and the 4 speed tranny. I will be yanking those out and selling them off.

I am sure you'll be hearing from me as I get into this project full blast.

mobythevan

www.mobythevan.com

You bet I'm going with the small block chevy. I've got 2 four bolt blocks sitting in the garage and an old 327 small journal block. I had always dreamed of building the fast revving 302 trans am motor, but I think a 383 would be a lot more fun. So I am thinking a ~400hp build on a 383 will do it up nice. Probably go with a 700r4 tranny.

I like the subtle z body kit. Not quite sure if thats what I want yet.

mobythevan

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a good plan and all the motors you need!

If you have not purchased the JTR manual yet, I would encourage you to do so since it has some very helpful information in it and can help you with any swap you decide to do. Good luck!

Davy