HybridZ

runnig very rich /stock setup

Jason81NA,82RBtt

My friend and I have just finished installing and wiring up a turbo motor in a 81na car. We had to replace the injectors, I had some good injectors from a 300zxT and we installed them. Now the car runs very very rich(never really ran before). To the point of fouling a set of plugs in about five minutes. I have tested and checked the fuel pressure,adjusted the TPS, and much more stuff tring the get the car to run better.I now have the AFM set a fullround tighter than stock, and the car will aleast stay running SOME. Oh by the way to get the car to start you have to unplugg the fuel pump, then while tring to keep the car running, plug it up so that the car will stay running.

Thanks for any help

Jason

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds likely to me that your water temperature circuit is open. Either the wires or connectors are bad or the sending unit is open. Computer thinks car is on Arctic Circle and is giving it full rich. Check to eliminate this, could also be cyl head temp sensor open, but water temp causes more dramatic effect.

DAW