HybridZ

Help tuning a 300zx ECU for a L28

Jason81NA,82RBtt

HI I GOT THE JIM WOLFE ECU UPGRADE PAPAERWORK IN FRONT OF ME AND ONE OF THE THINGS IT SAY IS WHEN ADAPTING A VG HARNESS ON A L-6 "THE INJECTOR WIRES

GOING TO #2 AND #5 FROM THE ECU MUST BE CUT AND SWITCHED WITH EACH OTHER,(WIRES FROM PINS 102 AND 105 FROM THE ECU) "

THIS IS FROM THEIR INSTALLATION INTRUCTIONS WHEN RETRO FITTING VG ECU ON A L-6 I GOT IT WHEN I INQUIRED ABOUT A ECU UPGRADE MAYBE THIS WILL HELP ??? GOOD LUCK

I SEE YOU HAVE A 81 IT ALSO HAS A FOOTNOTE THAT SAYS ON THE 81 ZX ONLY ADD A NONSWITCHED (HOT EVEN

WITHOUT THE KEY ON )12 VOLT TO PIN #114 ON THE ECU ."THIS RETAINS THE LEARNED INFO EVEN AFTER THEY KEY IS OFF !

I have just installed a 84 300zx wiring harness and ECU on my 81 280zx na. The problem is that is has a very lean idle. After 3500 rpm it runs very very strong. I have removed the little plug and adjusted the MAS and that helped a little.I have also ask the guys at Z31.com and zcar.com 84-89 forums, and gotten no help.If any of you guys have any ideas I would be glad to try them,other that getting the ECU reprogrammed, I would get a SDS before I did that.

Thanks

Jason

are 300 zx injectors bigger than 280 zx injectors?the ecm controls mixture by the ON time of injector.if 280 zx injectors are smaller the on time wont be long enough.the system will correct itself with proper injector size because of o2 sensor and maf sensor.the hot wire maf is supposed to flow more air than mechanical afm.also if you get 300zx injectors send them out for a clean and flow check if they are used.