HybridZ

Fuel Pump Blues

Guest Tom Scala

Guest Tom Scala

Looks like I'm in the market for a new fuel pump. I was running a Vortech T-Rex 70/50(Walbro) I bought on ebay and it's history after very little use. It was never installed when I got it but it howled like a banshee from day one and only got worse. Maybe a factory reject? I'm going to try the Ford van pump since Autozone stocks it and I don't feel like waiting. Funy thing is the last place I drove the Z was to Summit Racing and had I known the pump was going to start sputtering on the way home I could have got the MSD for around $80 while I was there. Should I put the filter before or after the pump? I had it after on this one and maybe thats why it failed although the n/a pump I took out looked to be the original 1978 part so the tank must be pretty clean inside.

God I hate working on fuel systems,no matter how carefull you are you still end up reaking like a refinery when your done icon_rolleyes.gif