HybridZ

New NOS system

Guest Tom Scala

Guest Tom Scala

I just saw where NOS has released a new system they call NOSsle. It is basically an injector holder that has the nitrous and fuel jets in it. They fit in the manifold hole for the injector,one for each cylinder, and the fuel injector itself fits into this "nozzle". The nozzle has replaceable jets to adjust power output. Seems like a much more efficient way to distribute nitrous into each cylinder rather than just spraying it into the IC pipe or TB. I haven't been able to get a price on the system and no one has it in stock yet since it's so new. On the Holley website they claim a 75-200HP range for the 6 cylinder system.

One question about a wet nitrous system. Do you need a separate fuel outlet at the tank for the nitrous enrichment or can you split the existing tank line into 2, one for the nitrous system and one for normal fuel delivery?

Guest JAMIE T

For systems that produce greater than say, 200-250hp, you should use a seperate fuel pump and fuel line coming from the tank. Otherwise, I have done this(big NOS system with one pump) using one very large fuel pump(Magnaflow 500) but using two regulators to control pressure to each fuel requirement(carb and NOS solenoid). For the EFI, most aftermarket pumps provide enough volume and pressure to feed both requirements. I have done this with a Paxton 1000hp pump. It is supposed to support 1000hp when used with EFI and 1300hp when used with a carb. If you are using a intank pump, you can add a booster pump like the popular bosch units or a Vortech T-Rex pump. It can run inline with the existing pump and through the same lines. I may be using the Paxton pump with a carbed/NOSed engine in the near future, using the two regulators to provide differant pressure requirements to each set-up. Set your NOS regulator to a higher pressure than your carb. My set-up wont be making 1300hp, but it wont run lean either from not having enough pump.

Yeah, they showed that at SEMA and I posted about it awhile ago. Head over to the Chevytalk.com site and go into the EFI section. There's a Holley engineer there who's VERY helpful and has probably helped develop that system for EFI cars. I ASSume it uses th esame high pressure fuel source as the fuel injection does and as such running a second dedicated fuel system would be a PITA. Just make sure your primary fuel system has enough flow and then some - should be fine. I asked th eengineer if pushing the fuel injector up higher like that disturbed power production since the injector was moved - his answer as I recall was that they noticed no loss of power. IMO this is a really cool way to get port nitrous injection icon_biggrin.gif