HybridZ

L28et efi on L24 240z

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

im begining to finish off my L24et fabrication and looked over a very small but important thing.

i ahve the l28et harness complete, but im going to use my stand alone 79' 280zx ignition witht he module.

i fitting the harness to the injectors toady when i just remembered and overlooked a very major point.

HOW THE HELL IS THE COMP GONNA KNOW THE KEY IS IN THE "ON" TO TRIGGER THE FUEL PUMP, HOW IS IT GOING TO KNOW THE CAR IS RUNNING TO FIRE THE INJECTORS.

ahaha, very important concept but yeah I overlooked it. malebitchslap.gif

• 1 month later...

I'm doing the same thing, and have run into the same problem. Someone has had to of done this before and can help us out. I plugged everything in and I get no fuel. I guess the computer doesn't see that the engine is turning over.

Can someone give us a hand with ignition, and making the whole wiring system complete?

Thanks

Forgot to add.. Your fuel pump should come on as soon as the ignition is in the ON possition. If you don't have a wire back there for it you'll need to find a wire that is hot at this point and run it to the back. The computer doesn't control the on/off of the pump.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my `83 L28ET efi setup running on my L24ET today. I've got some things to finish up before I can drive it around, but it idles and revs well. I found that the Air Flow Meter was set to make the car run way too rich to begin with, so I loosened up the bypass screw, and messed around with the tention of the spring.

Over near the battery is a green relay with a brown wire, this needs to be hooked up to the possitive side of the battery, also there is a green wire that needs to be hooked up there as well. If you cut off the green relay then the black with wite wires need to be put to the possitive side.

There is a plug that used to plug into the chassi harness with 6 terminals. You will need trace the wires in your book to make sure they are the correct ones to use. There is a black one that should be grounded, a Yellow one that needs power while cranking and while on, there is also a yellow white wire that goes over to the coil ecu signal amp. The black white wire that plugs into the coil ecu signal amp needs power, and the amp gets ground by being bolted down to the chassi (this was my mistake).

Let me know if you have any other questions. Again I used a setup off of a `83 280ZX Turbo, which has the crank angle built into the distro. I noticed my ecu light turns off when the car is turned on, I don't know if this is correct.

1stLeft.jpg