HybridZ

Fuel Injector Upgrade List (L28 Turbo)

Arif

hi, new to the site... my question is what is a good injector(s) (not too pricy) between 400-500cc that i can find and drop in with no sort of mods needed to run? and also will i have idle problems if i go any bigger than 500? because i would really like to go 550 with out causing myself problems. can anyone please help??? by the way i have a pretty well bone stock '83 280zx. any recomendations would be well appreciated, thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For people looking for a bolt in slighly higher volume injector Jag XJ6 injectors use the barbed fitting, are low impedance, use the bosch connector (injector part #280-150-153) and flow 238cc/min @36psi I have a set I can give away if anyone wants them (I went with the Ford 5.0 TBI injectors- 280-150-400 438cc/min@36psi) I also have a set of 7MGTE injectors that need a home. I was gonna just take the covers off the end of the ford injectors but I decided to just make the hole in the intake bigger instead. Had an exhaust leak anyway. Drill bit of 10.3mm works fine (for some reason I forget the standard measurement but a 3/8 drill bit is 9.5mm)

I do have a question....Can you use hoses on the end of the ford injectors? THe TBI units had a tiny little o-ring for sealing and the top is "stepped"

• 5 months later...
From what I've seen so far, you should be able to run Eclipse injectors (450cc/min)...these can be found for practically nothing. I personally have 4 sets laying around.

Hey AWD.......any chance you would like to unload 6 of those bad boys? I'm in the market for that exact injector. PM me the details if it works for you. Thanks.

Scott

• 9 months later...
I'm using the 440cc/min supra turbo ones in my car now, and they are high impedance.
Hey Drax, So it ok to run it with high impedance on the l28det? I though tony240zxt said it was low? So I dont have to mod anything inorder to make it fit in my stock setup? Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead

• 2 years later...