HybridZ

Fuel Injector Upgrade List (L28 Turbo)

Arif

I use ford injectors from the 80-84? 5.0 CFI engines. The last three digits are 400 on the injector. Each engine has two mounted in a plastic spider looking mount. Easily removed using brute force. 8) They're rated at 440cc and bolt right in.

Bernard

Edit: The covers on the end of the injector have to be removed. Exacto Knife works perfectly.

Edit #2: These are low impedance injectors.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The Merc 4.5L injectors are low-impedance, 380cc @ 3bar. Otherwise known as Bosch '036' injectors.

Anyone know the complete Bosch number??

Found two different injectors from Bosch for the Merc 450, no one with a number incl. '036'...

One of them with a price of (approx.) $50 and the other $170 each!!

• 1 month later...
Guest De Schmaydee

thats not like mine :

My injectors are Bosch 280 150 036 (850) . they are D-jet injectors 420cc 2.2 ohms for a 1973-75 merc sel 117.983 motor…..or a 1969-75 volvo 160 …B30 motor ….37.3 lb….76hp ea.

they require dropping resistors to work on my modded Z31 ecu......

cost $100ea / inj (new)

...s

guys is there like a way to find out if the injectors are low or high impedance?

i have some brand new Mistu V6 eclipse injectors and wanna find out.

mike

depending on where you look, those Ford Injectors Bernard speaks of are supposed to be 550cc.

The 3.8's had the smaller units.

The 5.0's supported 215HP, I don';t know if you can do that on two 440cc injectors, butthe output from the 3.8 would easily be covered from a 440cc pair...

I have the same inejctors in some throttlebody setups I am prototyping. They are easily fit to the stock mainfold, but I used a drill press, and bored out the stock mainfold pintile hole so I didn't have to modify the injectors at all. The stock ones still fit fine in the modified manifold. I believe I used an "O" drill to make them fit. I have the measurements somewhere...

Here is my full injector info file and more info on the mustang injectors:

The mustang injectors are Bosch 0 280 150 400 and Bosch

0 280 150 401 and flow 437cc as Bernard correctly pointed out. I have them on my car as well.

I was also able to buy them from :

http://www.injectors4u.com/fuel_injectors.htm

The guy Howard is a little hard to reach but nice and well well worth it for the amazing price he sold me the injectors,under $20 each, fully blueprinted, no core needed :)

Here is an extensive and valuable list of injectors (very nice) listing cc/min, brand, vehicle, ohms....and it includes most if not all of the dicussed injectors

http://carsoft.co.il/page3/Electronic%20Fuel%20Injector%28EFI%29%20Flow%20Data%20Table.htm

Nice info on injectors types, impedance... with some other good links

http://www.stealth316.com/2-injectortypes.htm

Rc engineering with a great link with automatic calculator for estimating

injector flow requirement

for your specific application.

http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

for junkyard injectors (I get mine cleaned/blueprinted for cheap,$11.00 per

injector, from cruzinperformance.com)

Conversions rules/guidleines

• 500cc per minute is approximately equal to 49lbs per hour which is

equal to approximately 90-100hp.

• lbs/hour = cc per minute / 10.2

• lbs per hour = HP / 2.04

• cc per minute = lbs per hour x 10.2

• cc per minute = HP x 5

• HP = cc per minute / 5

• HP = lbs per hour x 2.04

Hope these help

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried Ford Racing 42 lb injectors:

# Fuel Injectors flow 42lb/hr or 441 cc/min

# High Impedance (Saturated)

# Bosch Part - 0 280 150 558

# Ford Racing Part - M-9593-F302

They are sold all over Ebay like this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7948868562&category=33554

They look similar to the SVO 370cc injectors everyone uses, only bigger. I am looking for something high impedance to go with my 88 Z31 ECU.

the mercedes injectors (280 150 036) were also used on mercury high perf 2.5 outboard motors.there is a bosch #280 150 042 that flows more and is still a barb style(hose on top ) injector.the 42 lb ford injectors on ebay came from a 2003 lightning f150.the plastic on the top is light green.the problem with a z is most injectors are for newer car and are o-ring style so the fuel rail has to be changed.you can find places like kinsler that sell injectors at a good price because they are suppliers for racing /off road use expect you to know what you are ordering

• 2 weeks later...

I run those Supra 440cc/min injectors and Pallnet fuel rail in my car. No machining required. I did have to get some smaller seals for where the injectors meet the manifold. The ones that come with the injectors and fit the supra are too large in diameter to fit in the injector bung holes on the Nissan intake manifold.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen a definitive drop-in in this range except for the bosch 0 280 150 041 for MB 6.91 - which no-one seems to know anything about getting.

Are there any other injectors in this range that require at most an oriing replacement where they fit in the head?

Low impedance,of course...